I promised myself I wouldn’t blog during the 2ww. I was going to be calm, composed, not think about whether I was pregnant or not – and just test when the doctors told me to. (Ha!) However, in the words of Freddie Mercury, “I’m going slightly mad.” I need my outlet ‘The Blog’ before I tear off my own head. I’m driving myself bananas – I cannot concentrate on a thing. So, I’m hoping a little blog post will make me feel better for the ten minutes it takes to write it. Then I’ll find something else to distract me.
Taking this progesterone, I have no idea what are the side effects of that evil hormone, and what could be the side effects of a possible pregnancy. Also, my body is probably in overdrive recovering from the effects of the IVF drugs. So, I have tried not to symptom spot but overall, over the last 6 days I have noticeably had:
- Stomach cramps – some are like a ‘tightness’, this morning’s felt period pain-ish
- Overwhelming tiredness – I have had to have a few sneaky naps
- Bloating and erm, digestion issues
- Mood-swings – laughing one minute, crying the next
- Extreme ‘I want to tear my own arm off and eat it’ Hunger
- Hot flushes
- Peeing lots (but I do anyway)
- Sore lady lumps
- Vivid dreams – one in which I was pregnant and was finding out the gender of the baby – unfortunately the dog woke me up needing a wee so I didn’t get to find out the outcome of that dream. And one in which I took a pregnancy test and it said ‘not pregnant’. Helpful.
So, I’m just trying to keep myself distracted.until we can test. Which is really, really, really hard. In the meantime I think I need to somehow remove google from my phone and my laptop…Google is bad. Google is not a real doctor, nor can it tell us what the outcome of this is all going to be. So, back to waiting….Patiently…